Through local, regional and national auditions, Crane River Theater has cast professional artists from across the country, representing thirty states, to live and work for months at a time here in Central Nebraska. Based on the success of the last nine summers, board members will once again recruit actors, designers and directors at audition festivals in five major cities as well host our own local auditions in Kearney for the 2019 season. Audition sites include the Asolo Conservatory Auditions in Sarasota, Fla., on January 19-20, American College Theater Festival in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, on January 21-23, United Professional Theater Auditions in Memphis, Tenn., on February 8-11, Local Auditions in Kearney on February 18 & 19, Midwest Theater Auditions in St. Louis, Mo., on February 22-24, and the Southeastern Theatre Conference February 28-March 2. During these auditions, more than 5,000 regional professionals will be exposed to the idea of Central Nebraska as an area arts center.
Crane River Theater welcomes actors, designers, technicians and educational directors to audition for our 2019 season, which includes Million Dollar Quartet, Picasso at the Lapin Agile, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, Newsies, Celebrate Broadway, Of Mice and Men, and Elf the Musical. Please visit one of the links below for more information about how to audition and interview.
If you are unable to attend one of our auditions, we are happy to accept video submissions. Please send a musical selection(s), and/or a monologue, along with your resume and headshot to email@example.com.
Many contracted company members will carry multiple responsibilities. Some will be actors in multiple shows and others will be an actor in one show and participate in one of the following: Scene and Costume Construction, House Management, Publicity, or teaching Arts Education classes for youth.
Non-contracted company members will be cast on a per-show basis, and carry no additional behind-the-scenes responsibilities.
REHEARSAL AND PERFORMANCE DATES
Contracted company members are expected to arrive in Kearney by the first rehearsal date. The final day of employment will be the day following the final performance.
- Million Dollar Quartet: Rehearsals begin March 11. Performances are March 28-31.
- Picasso at the Lapin Agile: Rehearsals begin May 20. Performances are June 6-9.
- You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown: Rehearsals begin May 20. Performances are June 21-July 3.
- Newsies: Rehearsals begin June 3. Performances are July 25-August 4.
- Celebrate Broadway: Rehearsals begin August 5. Performances are August 10-11.
- Of Mice and Men: Rehearsals begin September 2. Performances are September 19-22.
- Elf the Musical: Rehearsals begin December 1. Performances are December 19-22.