Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
Crane River Theater aspires to create a community built on respect, diversity, collaboration, acceptance, and creativity. As artists invested in exploring multiple perspectives, we embrace the value of all people. Our goal is to open doors, create a bridge, and make our work accessible and inclusive. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to experience the gift of theatre.
As we continue to grow, we continue to expand our practices and our plans to ensure that we further diversity and inclusion: on our stage, backstage, and other areas of operation, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, age disability, religion, or social status. We seek to cultivate an environment in which our differences are explored with generosity and openness.
Goals and Commitments
Crane River Theater is committed to creating an inclusive environment on and off stage. We have created a Diversity Advisory Committee comprised of current board members, alumni, and patrons. The committee offers a unique opportunity for Crane River Theater to expand our outreach to artists and audience members by exploring ways to build more diverse programming. Our goal is to create conversations that contribute to a more engaged, informed, and connected community.
- Create an equitable, diverse, and inclusive culture at Crane River Theater.
- Engage artists with programming that reflects diversity.
- Connect audiences with stories of marginalized individuals or groups.
- Develop arts education programs that encourage inclusion and foster an understanding of diversity.
- Develop ways to expand community understanding about equality, diversity, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Create collaborations with organizations that promote awareness and advocate for diversity and equality.